As Qatar gears up for the AFC Asian Cup 2023, a delegation of 27 fan leaders from across Asia recently convened in Doha to build excitement and prepare for the upcoming tournament. Here are the key highlights from their visit and the anticipations for the event:
- Engagement with Local Culture: During their three-day visit, the fan leaders delved into Qatar’s local culture, exploring unique attractions and sampling traditional cuisine. They also participated in a friendly match and toured Qatar’s largest arena, the Lusail Stadium, which is set to host the opening and final matches of the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2023.
- First Major Event Post-World Cup: The AFC Asian Cup 2023 will be the first significant sporting event organized in Qatar following the World Cup. This tournament will feature Asia’s top 24 teams, including former champions like Korea Republic, IR Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Australia, and the defending champion and host, Qatar. The event is expected to recreate memorable experiences for fans, many of whom will be returning to Qatar for the Asian Cup.
- Debut of Tajikistan: This edition of the Asian Cup will mark the debut of Tajikistan, which will face China in its first match at the Abdullah Bin Khalifa Stadium. Tajik fan leader Behruz Hafizov expressed excitement about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for his country to participate on an international stage, anticipating strong fan support for the national team.
- Return of Malaysia: Malaysia, making its fourth appearance after a 16-year absence, is among the countries aiming to make an impact in the championship. Malaysian fan leader Mohamad Arif emphasized the emotional journey of the team and its supporters, indicating strong fan support could inspire improved performances.
- Indian Fan Leader’s Perspective: Indian fan leader Hadiya Hakeem, who has a deep connection with Qatar, expressed her desire for fans to discover the beauty and culture of Qatar. She previously participated in cultural performances during the World Cup and is enthusiastic about engaging with fans again during the Asian Cup.
The AFC Asian Cup 2023 in Qatar is poised to be a celebration of football, bringing together fans and cultures from across Asia. The event promises to be a showcase of sporting excellence and cultural exchange, further enhancing Qatar’s reputation as a hub for major international sports events.
BM Events, with its expertise in hospitality and event management, is poised to enhance the experience of fans and teams during the AFC Asian Cup 2023. Our services will include providing skilled hospitality staff to cater to the needs of the diverse fan base attending the event. We aim to contribute to the festive atmosphere, ensuring that fans from all over Asia enjoy a seamless and memorable experience in Qatar. From assisting in fan zones to managing hospitality services at various event venues, BM Events is dedicated to supporting the success of this significant football tournament.